NO THREAT ASSESSMENT CONDUCTED BEFORE STEVENS ‘TOOK UP RESIDENCE’ AT BENGHAZI COMPOUND
Yes – the image is brutal. And to those of you who are offended by its inclusion in this post, I apologize. But – the pre-planned murder of Ambassador Stevens and three other brave Americans was even more offensive. Additionally – it has been made incomprehensibly offensive by the lies and cover-up – from the beginning – courtesy of the Obama Regime.
Think about it: The Democrats had just spent three days patting the Regime (and themselves) on the back for not only killing Osama bin Laden, but for “decimating al Qaeda” as well. (Not to mention the fact that O had proclaimed the “war on terror” to be “over” more than a year ago.)
But then – an attack on an unprotected American Consulate in Libya – which resulted in the death of an American Ambassador and a “catastrophic loss of intelligence,” as defined by the CIA – threatened to not only undermine the self-congratulatory message of the convention – but perhaps, O’s reelection chances as well.
So, what was the Regime to do? Exactly what it has done from the beginning, of course: Deflect, (blame the Mohammad movie), obfuscate, (issue contradictory statements), and lie.
Not only did the Regime know within 24 hours that the attack on the consulate was indeed a terrorist attack – it knew who led it. Intelligence intercepts picked up Ansar al-Sharia jihadists boasting to al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb about it. Still - the Regime lied. It sent out its UN Ambassador to lie on the Sunday morning talk shows. Barack Obama stood before the United Nations and blamed the video, which raises the question: Who was he really speaking to – the world – or American voters? (Pick “B.”) From Fox News:
An intelligence source on the ground in Libya told Fox News that no threat assessment was conducted before U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and his team began “taking up residence” at the Benghazi compound – describing the security lapses as a “total failure.”
The source told Fox News that there was no real security equipment installed in the villas on the compound – except for a few video cameras.
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst, the intelligence source said the security lapses were a “10” – a “total failure” – because Benghazi was known to be a major area for extremist activity: There had been four attacks or attempted attacks on diplomatic and western targets in Benghazi leading up to the Sept. 11 strike on the U.S. Consulate. Continue reading…
Make no mistake, folks – this was not only a catastrophic lapse of security – attributable to the highest levels of the Regime – but it has now become a full-blown cover-up. It will be interesting to see how it plays out in the liberal media – if it plays out at all.
Worse than Watergate? How many people died as a result of Watergate?